Tuesday, 16 August 2016

THIS IS THE FRENCH LIFE


I'm back in the UK after a particularly relaxing (read DREAMY) vacation in FRANCE... 


So, I thought I'd quickly pull together a little round-up (you know, the what's what, the food you MUST eat, the places you must go etc.). and give you the full low-down on what I got up to en France! You may have been following my hashtag #thisisthefrenchlife on Instagram (find me here if not) and may have noticed how average *read terrible* my frenchos, but we got through... 




THINGS TO EAT (A LOT OF)

Bread (obviously) - it's FRESH and just delicious!
Cheese (Compt is lovely and the closest thing to British cheddar if that's your thing)
Baked camembert (it's DREAMY)
Sausages - they are AMAZING and quite different to ours (totally tastier in my view)
French Religieuse cakes - note: you will become addicted
Croissants (obviously) for breakfast EVERY DAY. End of discussion. 
Freshly peeled prawns cooked in oil, garlic and herbs on the BBQ
Cheese. Did I mention cheese? 


THINGS TO DRINK:

The wine (all of it). 


PLACES TO GO:

This obviously depends on whereabouts you are staying in France, but if you're tucked away in the countryside like we were keep an eye on the newsletter boards in their supermarkets (SuperU/Carrefour) as they often flag up when local vide greniers are (these are like French car boots/vintage car shows) and definitely worth popping along to...

Local towns and villages: experience the real french life and sit outside drinking coffee in their gorgeous little cafes that spill out onto the pavements. There's nothing quite like it. 

Paris - if you're nearby! The capital is beautiful! 

See more of my french snaps by searching for #thisisthefrenchlife on Instagram
or find me here


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig