Thursday, 16 June 2016

10 THINGS TO DO TO BE MORE ORGANISED

ABOVE IMAGE SOURCE: RICE  (Unfortunately, my moving car will never look like this)... 

So, it turns out I'm not that organised after all... 


You know when you think you're a highly organised individual because you're a list-making QUEEN (seriously, they owe me a crown) and you know where EVERYTHING is (most of the time?). Yah, well it turns out that in other areas of my life (ie. the non-work related ones) I'm not THAT organised. 

As you may know (from my 'How to completely mess-up the ART OF MOVING' post) we have to move house. Something, I don't excel at exactly (last time we had to move I got squished against a wall trying to move the sofa down some stairs and cried, it was like a sad episode of Friends: 'Pivot! Pivot!')... 

We recently attempted to de-clutter one room. ONE SINGLE ROOM. And, ended up with 10 (TEN!) bin bags of utter CRAP (seriously, I don't even know what was in those bin bags). But, every bag we opened, well, it had a bag within a bag (within a bag within a bag) and in the final bag lay about 100 shopping receipts (the tell tale evidence of my shopping addiction). 

My husband's face was torn between general hysteria and HORROR:


So, here's 10 organisation tips I am willing to consider to take notice of....

#1 Not hoard receipts 

Does not apply if I'm not completely 100% sure on my new cold-shoulder top...
Does apply if I have merely bought some yogurt. 

#2 Act on the lists I have written

Do not just use for decorative use. Also, do not re-write lists because they are not neat enough in your new note pad...




#3 Do not have a glass of wine in the evening because you think it makes you write more creatively. IRL, you end up downloading apps that you think will make you Instagram more #onfleek... 






#4 Do NOT hide bags within bags within bags (within bags within bags). This, strangely, does not make them disappear...





#5 Organise ALL clothing so that it is easy-to-reach and accessible. The aim of this is to avoid the morning-dressing-panic - something that haunts us all...




#6 Do ABOVE with all shoes and accessories too...





#7 Prepare outfit for the next day the night before so below does not happen: 





#8 Get the BLOGGING ZONE in order. Working beneath piles of press releases, USB sticks and crisp packets is far from CHIC...(in fact, channel the blogging desks of the Instagram and pinterest worlds...and do not, under any circumstances, spill coffee down yourself)... 





(If only it was THIS easy) 


#9 Try to schedule in housework/finances/other life admin into LIFE instead of avoiding at all costs:  



#10 Manage my time more effectively. Do not get carried away blogging into the night every night and then wake up looking like this...





Share:

1 comment

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig