Wednesday, 25 November 2015

5 THINGS NOT TO DO BEFORE THE BRITISH FASHION AWARDS


If you follow me on INSTAGRAM, you may have noticed I was at the BRITISH FASHION AWARDS this Monday night! It was an evening celebrating British fashion, full of industry icons and GLAMOROUS gowns...but here's what NOT to do in the lead up to an important event in your diary in five slightly un-fashionable steps...

BUY YOUR OUTFIT 3 HOURS BEFORE
By now you'd think I'd be more on top of things like this, but for some inexplicable reason I was supremely casual about my ensemble choice for this year's British Fashion Awards event at The Coliseum, London. Monday morning (the event was 7pm Monday night) I'll admit that I did break into a small sweat when my Missguided delivery still hadn't arrived (my own fault: I'd accidentally selected 'next day delivery' rather than 'Sunday delivery' #FAIL) and start P.A.N.I.C.K.I.N.G. Like, really panicking. And it was only after an hour and a half trek round Bluewater that I eventually found THE ONE: a black feathered skirt and matching bow crop top from Coast. PHEW.

HAVE YOUR HOTEL CANCEL ON YOU WHILE YOU'LL ON ROUTE TO SAID HOTEL
All visions of a calm and glamorous 'getting ready' DREAM were completely and utterly SHATTERED at this point (the small sweat had turned into BIG SWEAT), and instantly replaced with alternate visions of attempting to get dressed in a Topshop toilet with loo roll stuck to my feet.

GET DRESSED IN YOUR HUSBAND'S VAN
I'm not really sure if this needs an explanation. To say it wasn't ideal, is putting it gently. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GLAMOUR PEOPLE.

HAVE A BURGER KING BEFORE HAND
In my defense, I had HAD a three course dinner booked, but as with the hotel booking, this went down the pooper too. The silver lining was that fries are really easy to eat when you're getting changed in the back of a van in Bluewater's car park.

DO YOUR MAKE-UP IN THE DARK IN A MOVING VEHICAL
It was like that scene in Bridget Jones when she's on her way to meet Mark.  


Luckily after all of the above, my outfit for the evening didn't turn out too badly! Shop my style below:

Feather skirt: COAST (shop it HERE)
Black cropped bow top: COAST (shop it HERE)
Shoes: ASOS (shop them HERE
Faux fur clutch: Story of Lola at ASOS (shop it HERE)
Watch: Michael Kors (shop similar HERE




The beautiful Arizona Muse was spotted on the red carpet in this divine pairing by Ralph & Russo. Showcasing the label's divine white silk crêpe palazzo trousers and silver embellished crop top from the AW15/16 Couture collection, she certainly caused a stir! 



Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000002573 StartFragment:0000000454 EndFragment:0000002557
More and more in life I'm realising that I spend most of my time flying by the seat of my pants and that my husband may not be so wrong when he says I'm a little like Bridget Jones *hmmmm*. See my favourite moments from the event below:

  1. ANNA WINTOUR's speech to Karl Lagerfeld for his OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT award was truly mesmerizing (as was she and Karl).
  2. Arizona Muse's ensemble (Ralph & Russo) – an absolutely beautiful red carpet showstopper of look!
  3. The insightful and witty words of the host, Jack Whitehall.
  4. AB FAB! The arrival of Jennifer Lawrence and Joanna Lumley as Patsy and Eddy on stage to present Stella McCartney with her BRAND OF THE YEAR award was INSANE. *Darling, darling, Eddie...Eddie*
  5. The amazing graphics and imagery pulled together by the event, really really fabulous – especially the Karl Lagerfeld clip which you can see a snippet of on my Instagram: just CLICK HERE or search the handle: @thefashionache


AND THE WINNER'S WERE:


Emerging Womenswear Designer: Thomas Tait

Emerging Menswear Designer: Grace Wales Bonner

Emerging Accessory Designer: Jordan Askill

Red Carpet: Tom Ford

Model: Jourdan Dunn

Outstanding Achievement: Karl Lagerfeld

Creative Campaign: Burberry

International Designer: Alessandro Michele for Gucci

New Establishment Designer: Mary Katrantzou

Establishment Designer: Erdem

Brand: Stella McCartney

Isabella Blow Award For Fashion Creator: Nick Knight OBE

British Style – Fashion Innovator: FKA twigs

British Style - Red Carpet Ambassador: Gwendoline Christie

Accessory Designer: Charlotte Olympia

Menswear Designer: J.W.Anderson

Womenswear Designer: J.W.Anderson






Ralph & Russo/Arizona Muse images are sourced from RALPH & RUSSO

Like this post? Click on the LAST YEAR's British Fashion Awards post:

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig