Tuesday, 6 October 2015

5 THINGS I DO WHEN I GO SHOPPING #LIST


No.1 Not sticking to THE LIST #FAIL 
As you may be aware, I'm a LIST-LOVER. I make lists for lists, lists to remember others lists; shopping lists, food lists, packing lists, to-do lists (that overflow and end up post-it-noted to everything, including the cat). You may laugh – and my husband often does – but you can don 'SMUG FACE' when he's forgotton to pack his underpants and you have exactly the right number (and a spare pair) in hand (packed under the 'underwear list'). But, when it comes to shopping, my beloved lists get a little (read ALOT) ignored. I don't know what it is but as soon as I step into a store I immediately contract 'shopping amnesia', and can't for the life of me think what I'd come in for. What usually follows is HIGH-VOLTAGE surveillance of the shop and much credit-card-over-the-till activity, at which point I leave said-store and arrive home with many things NOT.ON.THE.LIST.


No.2 RAIL ARM #ITSFIERCE
This is a term that me and my husband have conjured-up for my light-speed shopping arm that means I can scour the rails in mere seconds. Size 10 knit – I'm on it, and have it in hand. Berry hued leather jacket with faux fur collar? SEIZED! Fabulous shoes boots with gold metallic heel? GOT THEM! The 'rail arm' comes in particularly handy when a SALE arrives, flipping through the hangers is effortless people. No need for shopping elbows or giant handbags to nudge others out of the way! Perhaps I should develop a fitness video for rail arms? *looks deep in thought*

No.3 THE FONDLING OF CLOTHING ITEMS #WEIRDO

Now, I know this sounds a little bizarre, but I don't think I'm the only one that does this. In fact, I've definitely witnessed others doing it myself. For some inexplicable reason I will wonder round a shop fondling clothing as I go? I may not even be interested in said piece of clothing I have fondled, but for some reason, I have to touch it and feel the texture of it as I pass. Perhaps subconsciously I have a divine understanding of fibres and wool? Perhaps not.  


No.4 TURNING THE WRONG DIRECTION OUT OF SHOPS
I may be a shopping-connoisseur, but direction(s) has never been my forte. If alone I will turn the wrong way down the street as I come out of a store and go back the way I came, without realising, might I add, for at least five or six seconds.

No.5 THE 'FASHION ACHE' 

So I must discuss this key point. As, after all, my blog's birth was inspired by this moment one experiences when shopping (be it in the street or online). The 'fashion ache' is a DANGEROUS thing. It's during this one mere moment when you suddenly forget all those credit card bills, the rent, your Brothers birthday (sorry bro) and everything else. It's that moment when you INSTANTLY fall MADLY, INSANELY in love with something; be it a bag, a pair of shoes, a necklace, anything...and you feel like you may not be able to go on unless you buy it. Note: 'shopping amnesia' often, surprisingly occurs during this time as well.  


Like this post? Click on LAST WEEK'S LIST below:

Share:

2 comments

  1. I didn't realise that's how you came up with the name for the blog! I know that feeling oh-so-well. Great post.

    Ally xx
    Digital Diva | Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Ally! And yes! That's how I came up with the name of the blog! xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig