Monday, 4 May 2015

THE INDUSTRY: Dolly Jones interviews Caroline Burstein


THE INDUSTRY, the world's premier members' club for fashion professionals, organised yet another exclusive interview, this time with the Creative Director of Browns, Caroline Burstein. While Dolly Jones, The Industry's longest serving advisor (and who was recently been appointed digital strategy director at Condé Nast) took to the stage to raise the questions and find out how a small boutique in London grew into the most famous, and privately-owned, fashion stores in the world. The attendees included everyone from designers, to magazine editors, PRs to stylists and bloggers, and they were treated to a spring-inspired sweets buffet courtesy of Sugar Tables London, while the event was filmed for IND-TV by The Industry's film partner, RUN Productions. 


'Dolly has known Caroline and her her mother, affectionately called Mrs.B, for many years. 
"I've had a girl crush on her since I first started at Vogue,” said Dolly...While her mother may have taken a step back from the day-to-day operations, Mrs B is very much still a part of the business, and that’s exactly how Caroline likes it. "As long as my fabulous mother is happily pounding the earth, I’m never going to be there. Browns was created by her and I’m very happy to be in her shadow and stay there. I think if I did have ambitions to step up in that sense, they were a long time ago slapped down very hard and that’s what’s actually pushing me to move into different directions and to look in different areas, open different things and my journey within Browns has been always very exciting.”'


On her wardrobe:
'“There’s things I personally love and would wear but I couldn’t sell,” she added, noting the difference between personal taste and the commercial choices that are right for her customer. So if you stepped into Caroline’s wardrobe what would you find, asked the Vogue editor still very much in Dolly. Azzedine Alaïa, Dries van Noten and Commes des Garçons, from Browns naturally.'


All images and quotes are sourced from The Industry/Forward PR
Photography by: Fran Hales

Liked this post? Click on the below:


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig