Monday, 26 May 2014

The INTERVIEW: Gabriela Hersham


The British-born actress and producer, Gabriela Hersham is quite a force to be reckoned with. Appearing in such works as A Happy Ending, and The Burningmoore Incident, and New York-based film American Gypsey – I’m intrigued to know what the star’s all about. Gabriela took five minutes out of her busy schedule to talk to The Fashion Ache about her work and her style…


Q. How did your journey into acting start? Was it always about becoming an actress?
‘Yep. For as long as I can remember I've always loved performing. There's something about the thrill of being on stage that I love. I've always been an adrenalin seeker and the rush I get when I'm on stage is like nothing else - jumping out of a plane wasn't as scary!’ 

Q. As a rising star on the film scene - are you more aware of your personal style and what you wear? Do you feel more pressure to get it right?
‘I have my own style that I've always been true to and I know which looks suit me best. You'll rarely see me following trends - mostly because the looks I like are from decades past - and because of this, I don't feel pressure to get it right. If/when people don't like what I wear - that's their choice and it doesn't bother me at all. I feel much more pressure to do what I do well, to succeed, and to be a good person.’

Q. You’re a regular face on London's fashion circuit - what designers and brands do you have a soft spot for?
'During the day most of my wardrobe is from Nasty Gal and my shoes are usually Dr Martens or Converse. For the evening, I find that vintage shops suit my style more. There are one or two I love to go to - Virginia Bates in London and Resurrection in New York.’ 

Q. Describe your personal style in three words. 
‘Red lipstick. Everyday.’

Q. If you were approached to be the face of a designer campaign (or high-street) who would you love it to be?
‘Dolce & Gabbana - because their campaigns always make me dream from a creative perspective.’

Q. What brands do you rely on for your daily wardrobe?
‘Dorit Sharon, Nasty Gal & Topshop.’ 

Q.Do you like to mix high-street and designer?
‘To be honest, I wear much more vintage and high-street than I do designer. I do have some designer pieces and yes they are always mixed in with the rest. I can't imagine being dressed head to toe in different (high-end) designers - that would be very uncreative of me.’ 

Q. If there was one piece you could have for free - from any brand - what would it be?
‘Anything from the Russian designer Ulyana Sergeenko.’

Q.I hear you've already filmed a number of short fashion films for hot young London-based designers Nonoo Lyons, Corlette London and Mechante of London - how did you get involved with these?
‘I think it's very much the same as how you get involved with film projects - once someone has seen you in something they've liked, they ask you to do something with them. I've just done a couple more fashion films which you'll be able to see soon online too, and these days I'm very much into making my own stopmotion films for brands, which you can see on my instagram:(@gabrielahersham).’

Q. Any SS14 trends you can't wait to get working?
‘Tribal prints and knee high socks (not together) always work for me.’

Q. What do you think will be your number one piece for SS14?
‘A beautiful Ulyana Sergeenko dress that is so dreamy I just want to walk through a field of roses in it.’ 

All images are sourced from RKM Communications
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig