Tuesday, 15 April 2014

THE INTERVIEW: Kate Nash


‘Indie Queen’ and British style icon, Kate Nash recently played at THE festival of the season: Coachella. As one of the most celebrity-stacked music festivals, Kate made a standout arrival on stage with HOT pink shorter locks (that effortlessly matched her all-pink stage décor), a bespoke dress by American designer Rose La Grua and her label That’s Totally Fine and her usual, effortless confidence and style. Kate described her set as ‘kind of a pink extravaganza. All the girls in my band wore pink, and everyone who was with us was in pink.’ The star played to a jam-packed audience in the Gobi Tent and took the audience on a journey through hits from her three albums: Made of Bricks, My Best Friend is You and Girl Talk.

I caught up with Nash for a 10 quick questions on her cool, personal style…

1. As a British style icon, how would you define your own personal style?
‘I like to have fun and be creative with my style. I work with a lot of up-and-coming designers, as well as established ones. At Coachella my bespoke stage ensemble was like a seven-year-old’s dream of a Barbie dress, but a grown-up version with a cape. Like any girl, my style is mood-based, sometimes it’s the seven-year-old in the dressing up box, sometimes is the 1950s-esque rockabilly pin-up. Right now, it’s all about pink!’ 

2. You recently played at Coachella - how does your look/style differ on stage? Do you work a louder version of your off-stage looks?
‘What I wear on stage really has to make a statement, and be functional enough for me to play bass and jump and dance around. Off-stage I still like wearing amazing outfits to parties, to DJ, for TV interviews and such.’ 

3. When it comes to style – who or what inspires you? Kate Moss? Other celebs? Your friends? 
‘I’m inspired by so many things from books to films to art to friends. Going to fashion week in New York and London has always been a great source of inspiration. London has so many creative young designers.’ 

4. You wore a bespoke dress by American designer Rose La Grua and her label That's Totally Fine - what is it you love about her work?
‘The dress Rose made for me for Coachella was a dream – swathes of swirling fabric in pink. It was perfect for day one of the music fest.’ 

5. What trends are you embracing this SS14?
‘Pastels – my hair is now pink!’ 

6. Is your wardrobe particularly trend-led? 
‘Not necessarily. I like to mix and match from designer to high-street to vintage.’ 

7. Which designer are you loving right now?
‘Rose La Grua of course and I’ve got a thing for Bora Aksu, Felder Felder, Bas Kosters, Alice Palmer, Tatty Devine, Terry de Havilland...the list goes on.’

8. Do you have a soft spot for any particular high street brands? 
‘I love Topshop, River Island, American Apparel, Urban Outfitters and Lazy Oaf for off-duty.’ 

9. If you had to wear one designer or brand for the rest of your life who would it be? 
‘Probably Bora Aksu. I love his dresses!’ 

10. Your wardrobe's burning down - which piece do you save and why? 
‘Ugh. That’s too hard. All of them?’ 



All images are sourced from Forward PR/Kate Nash Instragram/Instagram

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig