Saturday, 4 January 2014

In the BLOGGING CHAIR


Just thought I'd pop together a few of the key blogging utensils I like to have around me while tapping those laptop keys. Number one? You've got to love the laptop/iPad/tablet/whatever you channel your creative juice via. My laptop has become like an old friend - we meet everyday and I like to think I take care of her (encouraging regular scans, not chomping crisps over her and letting crumbs shuffle between the keys etc.etc.). Number two? The blogging chair/sofa/desk. I've tried a desk, but there's just something about sitting on my sofa swamped in the latest glossies, lookbooks and my notes and creating post after post after post. Nothing beats it. And yes, often the television is on in the background (be it Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Traffic Cops, TOPGEAR, The FACE USA or UK (depending on when it is) or The Great British Bake Off) and that occasional glass of vino sitting nearby.



Then there are of course the pages of inspiration: the GLOSSIES. Be it VOGUE, Harper's Bazaar, ELLE, Marie Claire, InStyle, Cosmopolitan, Company, Miss Vogue...the list goes on. And, of course, endless towering piles of label lookbooks and press releases, event invitations and hard-backed notebooks stuffed full of scribbled outlines of runways show looks and pages of notes and contacts. My iPhone (often flaunting a jazzy cover - I had rock 'n' roll studs, now it's a minimalistic white case) sits nearby to keep me up to date on the latest Twitter updates and Instagram snaps...

Diary: Paperchase, £8
Sofa: Oliver Bonas, £865
iPhone Cases: Oliver Bonas
Parisian Chic Weekly Planner: Topshop, £12.95
Alexander McQueen Book: Topshop, £35
Vivienne Westwood Book: Topshop, £24.99
The Fashion Book: Topshop, £39.95
Mermaid Make-up Bag: Topshop, £10
White Bird Lamp Shade: HomeSense£29.99
Pen: Shimla Jewellery£16
Flamingo Cushion: Very, £15

All images are sourced from PR Shots

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig